29 March 2016: Kyiv Post Capturing New Markets conference to be held on 29 March in Kyiv
The Capturing New Markets conference, organised by the leading Ukrainian English-language newspaper Kyiv Post, will be held on 29 March at the Hilton Hotel in Kyiv, with the British Ukrainian Society being one of the event information partners.
Amid the decline in trade with Russia, the need for diversifying export destinations has become a priority for Ukrainian business. The Capturing New Markets conference will explore Ukraine’s export potential in EU, Turkey, Middle East and Northern Africa.
The event will gather 200 participants: business executives from Ukraine and abroad, government officials, diplomats, market entry experts and academia.
Among confirmed speakers:
- Irina Miroshnik, President of Ukrplastic;
- Andrii Pyvovarskyi, Minister of Infrastructure of Ukraine;
- Barlas Balcioğlu, Managing Partner at Dentons’ Istanbul office;
- Yönet C. Tezel, Ambassador of Turkey to Ukraine;
- Yuriy Kosyuk, Chief Executive Officer at Mironivsky Hliboproduct;
- Yuriy Sydorov, Ambassador of ICC Ukraine in the Persian Gulf States;
- Andrey Serdyuk, Head of Sales for Asia Pacific and Middle East, Centravis.
The discussion panels will be moderated by:
- Lenna Koszarny, Founding Partner and Chief Executive Officer of Horizon Capital;
- Elena Voloshina, Head of Representative Office of the International Finance Corporation;
- Jaroslawa Johnson, President and Chief Executive Officer, Western NIS Enterprise Fund.
Register now at http://markets.kyivpost.com/ to join interactive discussions, get practical advice from export pioneers and meet potential business partners.
The Capturing New Markets conference discussions will focus on three major subjects:
1. What is Ukraine’s export potential?
- Sectors: agriculture and food, chemicals, mining, machinery, pharmaceuticals, IT
- Thinking ahead: moving up the value chain
- Small and medium enterprises vs. big business
2. What are the main challenges for Ukrainian exporters and how to tackle them?
- Export financing
- Lack of government support
- Competing with local producers
3. How to enter the new markets and compete?
- Legislation and certification
- Cultural peculiarities and local business customs
- Approaching the customer: marketing strategy and distribution channels
Please visit the official Capturing New Markets conference website for more information and to get your tickets: http://markets.kyivpost.com/.
The British Ukrainian Society members and partners enjoy a 10% discount – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get your promo-code.
For questions, please contact the conference organizers at email@example.com.