MUHi 2017: application period extended until 20 July
21 June 2017
Application period for the fifth MUHi 2017 competition has been extended until 20 July 2017.
The overall prize pool for the 2017 MUHi Contest is 70,000 UAH. The winner will receive a cash prize of 40,000 UAH; the winner will also join an art residence programme in the Czech Republic and in 2018 will be presented with an opportunity to implement their own project at the Shcherbenko Art Centre, an art gallery.
Also the international expert panel will select two runners up who will be awarded cash prizes amounting to 15,000 UAH and receive technical support in implementing their own exhibition project.
The ten contest finalists are invited to take part in a group exhibition which is scheduled for November 2017.
To qualify the applicant has to submit 3-5 projects with a description, concept outline, and visualization attached.
More information here:
The MUHi Contest Timeline:
– Applications are open until 20 July 2017;
– Processing applications, selection of 10 finalists by the Ukrainian panel of experts;
– Announcement of 10 finalists of the competition;
– Run up to the final exhibition, coordination of production of finalists’ art work;
– Preparatory work for the publication of newspaper-guide of the competition, development of a parallel educational program of the project;
– 6–26 of November: runners up to hold an exhibition at the Taras Shevchenko National Museum;
– Implementation of the parallel educational program;
– Selection of the winner and special awards’ nominees by the international panel of jurors;
– The award ceremony and presentation of two special awards;
– Work on the winner’s solo project;
– The winner travels to the Futura Art Center Residence (the Czech Republic).